Masks – To wear or not to wear, that is the question these days but shouldn’t be. Here are some mask facts that helped me see the light:
- The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) shows a video of the US Surgeon General recommending cloth face coverings (new buzzwords for ‘mask’) against coronavirus, and provides 7 references. However, not one of the 7 studies mentions masks, or cloth face coverings, and all of them are inconclusive regarding transmission of covid-19. (See references below) The Surgeon General suggests getting a piece of cloth from your home and donning that for protection. This is ridiculous. Unless masks are thoroughly disinfected, homemade masks can be dangerous as these will soak up moisture, and easily infect the person wearing them.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has established safe oxygen levels; an environment with levels below 19.5% is considered ‘oxygen deficient,’ causing immediate danger to life and health (irreversible adverse effects). When an oxygen monitor is placed between the mask and the face, the beeper signaling an oxygen deprived environment goes off (indicating oxygen levels below the federal government established 19.5%)
- According to Peggy Hall, “masks obscure facial features, impede normal [and natural] social interaction, are discriminatory against the hard-of-hearing, and create division and a menacing appearance in society.” Tanzania president John Magufuli recently banned the wearing of masks because he noticed it made his people anxious. (Note: mask-wearing, which does not keep one healthy, became a thing right before mass protests and violent rioting broke out in the US. Here is a comment from a health professional in California: “I’m just beside myself in despair over this. I feel as if I have to leave Orange County to shop, go to Church, and to breathe. Our church is hosting their first opened service this Sunday, but they are “requiring” masks as well. I just cried and cried. What is happening to our nation, our states, our cities, that we would all fear retribution so much that we just “go along” with this heinous requirement? I am sickened by our government, our city council, and frankly, our society. It just keeps getting worse. I’m going to start
writing letters tomorrow. I have had enough! I’m a Registered Nurse, and I am very meticulous about sterilization and cleanliness, but I am no fool. This face covering nonsense is absolutely unhealthy, unsterile, and is going to hurt a larger number of people than this virus ever would.”)
- Healthy people should not wear masks. According to Russell Blaylock, MD, “no studies have been done to demonstrate that either a cloth mask or the N95 mask has any effect on transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Any recommendations, therefore, have to be based on studies of influenza virus transmission. And, there is no conclusive evidence of their efficiency in controlling flu virus transmission.” When a person is ill they wear a mask, not the entire non-infected community/world. Or for those undergoing chemotherapy who are severely immune-compromised, it is recommended to wear a mask in public. Even epidemiologist Dr. Anthony Fauci is not on board with mask-wearing. See his comments on 60 Minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRa6t_e7dgI
- Significant problems associated with wearing a mask include: increased airway resistance, headaches, carbon dioxide accumulation and hypoxia (N95 masks, if worn for hours, can reduce blood oxygen by as much as 20%, to say nothing of discomfort and irritation from the straps and pressure). A drop in oxygen levels (hypoxia) impairs immunity, setting the stage for contracting any infection/virus. People with atherosclerosis, cerebrovascular disease, and cancer may be put at an increased risk of infections from any type of mask due to hypoxia. Low oxygen also promotes inflammation. Breathing in and out while wearing a mask and walking around can create an acid condition of the blood due to increased carbon dioxide. This can elevate blood pressure, produce heart palpitations and a host of other troubling conditions.
I’m providing a screenshot of the studies that are referenced on the CDC page recommending the wearing of masks. Sorry, they are not clickable but if you research them you will see that none of them discuss masks, and all are inconclusive regarding covid-19 transmission.