ZRT Lab processes your order completely from beginning to end:
- The test kit is sent directly to you along with instructions.
- You send completed kit and forms back to ZRT (all shipping is paid).
- ZRT will email your results directly to you alone.
The results are clear (see sample report above) but should you need help interpreting your test you can schedule an appointment for a consultation. Click ‘BOOK IT’ to contact our Nutritionist
Comprehensive Thyroid Profile
Dried urine sample tests: Iodine, Bromine, Selenium, Arsenic, Cadmium, Mercury, Creatinine. And dried blood spot sample tests: Total T4, TgAb, TSH, free T3, free T4, TpoAb
WHO SHOULD TEST?
– People experiencing symptoms of thyroid dysfunction but who have been told their thyroid was OK; this may be a result of nutritional deficiencies or excessive exposure to environmental pollutants that block thyroid synthesis and function
– Anyone with known thyroid problems whose thyroid medication has been difficult to stabilize or dosages have fluctuated frequently, or those looking for the cause of their thyroid dysfunction
Dr. David Zava, ZRT Lab
Why Test Hormones
30 million adults suffer from thyroid imbalance. Don’t let dysfunction go undiagnosed.
The thyroid is a small butterfly-shaped gland that sits behind and below the Adam’s apple. A wide range of factors from hormone imbalances to mineral deficiencies and environmental pollutants can interfere with thyroid production, leading to health problems.
The American Thyroid Association estimates that as many as 60% of people with thyroid disease are not aware of it. Statistics show that women are seven times more likely than men to develop thyroid problems, facing as much as a one in five chance of developing a problem particularly during the peri-menopause years when hormones start to fluctuate.
Thyroid disease or dysfunction can explain a wide variety of symptoms. Do these sound familiar?
- Weight gain or inability to lose weight despite exercise and diet
- Feeling cold all the time (when others don’t)
- Low energy and stamina, especially in the evening
- Memory lapses or slow/fuzzy thinking
- Dry, thinning, itchy skin
- Dry or brittle hair and nails
- Hair loss
- Irregular bowel habits
- Menstrual irregularities
- Sudden or significant weight loss
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Nervousness or irritability
Levels of key thyroid hormones can indicate whether there is a thyroid imbalance. These include:
Dried Blood Spot Testing
Dried blood spot is a form of collection where individuals place blood drops on a filter card after a finger prick with a lancet. This process offers distinct advantages over serum because it eliminates the need for a blood draw – saving you time and money. It’s also a convenient way to assess blood levels of sex steroid hormones.
Once dry, blood spot cards are extremely stable for shipment and storage, and the dried blood format offers excellent correlation with serum tests.
Why measure in blood spot?
Blood spot testing is the ideal method for measuring cardiometabolic markers, thyroid hormones, vitamin D and other analytes such as insulin, blood lipids, Vitamin D, and elements like lead and magnesium.
ZRT developed the science for accurately measuring hormones in dried blood spot and is currently the only lab to offer this method commercially. While serum testing is widely accepted, the lesser known blood spot test method offers results that have been proven equivalent to serum.