Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 30 with pulmonologist Dr. Seheult of https://www.MedCram.com.
Dr. Seheult discusses compelling evidence about the possible role of Vitamin D (in proper dosage) in fighting acute respiratory infections like COVID-19.
- As the outbreak of COVID-19 continues to spread around the world, more than 80 clinical trials are underway testing remedies ranging from intravenous vitamin C and stem cells to HIV drugs and malaria medication
- A derivative of quercetin has been shown to provide broad-spectrum protection against a wide range of viruses, including SARS. Canadian and Chinese researchers are now collaborating on a study to assess the effectiveness of quercetin against COVID-19 infection
- Quercetin is a powerful immune booster and broad-spectrum antiviral. It also inhibits the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines, which may be beneficial since serious COVID-19 infection and subsequent death appears to be due to cytokine storm activity
- While there are no clinical trials investigating vitamin D for coronavirus specifically, there are plenty of data showing it’s an important component in the prevention and treatment of influenza and upper respiratory tract infections
- Other nutraceuticals thought to be useful in the prevention of coronavirus infection include NAC, spirulina, beta-glucan, glucosamine, selenium, zinc, lipoic acid and sulforaphane
(Source: mercola.com; March 16, 2020; https://tinyurl.com/wp5lhn3)