These sweet potato fries are a kid-approved substitute for regular fries or potato products, and they are packed with nutrition. A kid favorite at our house, the kids often help slice these or cut them in to crinkle cut chips before baking.
They are easy and fast to make and go with a lot of different meals. Sweet potatoes are considered more nutrient rich than regular potatoes and the sweetness of the sweet potatoes pairs perfectly with seal salt and pepper for a sweet and salty treat.
I serve these with homemade ketchup or mayo.
Savory Sweet Potato Fries
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 30 mins
Savory sweet potato fries baked with coconut oil, salt, garlic, basil and other spices.
Author: Wellness Mama
Recipe type: Side
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, sliced into thin strips
- ¼ cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- Spices of choice (I use: garlic, sea salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and thyme)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put olive oil and spices in small bowl and mix well.
- Slice sweet potatoes and put on large baking sheet (or two if you are making a lot).
- Pour oil over the fries and toss by hand until evenly coated- this will also coat the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or more until slightly browned and tender.
- Serve with homemade ketchup or mayo (It is a French thing!).
By Katie Wells
(Source: wellnessmama.com; June 30, 2016; http://tinyurl.com/jsm8bj2)